DANCERS – 7 Items you Must Pack in your Dance Bag – Brought to you by Backhausdance
If you've not heard of Backhausdance, prepare to be amazed. I was introduced to the Artistic Director Jenny Backhaus when I was lucky enough to be in the first piece she choreographed when she started teaching at Chapman University. Since then, she has started her own company, and let me tell you – EVERY TIME I SEE THEM PERFORM I AM BLOWN AWAY!
This video will give you a taste of what they have to offer.
Incadescent 2011 promo from Jeremy Hunt on Vimeo.
I asked Jenny if she and her dancers would be interested in putting together some advice for you all, and they jumped right in. So – Listen up! : ) Next week we'll also be sharing their TOP 10 PRACTICES FOR A GREAT PERFORMANCE.
7 ITEMS YOU MUST PACK IN YOUR DANCE BAG:
BD also offers an amazing Summer Intensive. Be sure to check it out next year.
1. Healthy snacks (fruit, cheese, nuts or any other protein)
3. Tiger Balm for tight or sore muscles
4. Athletic tape for feet and or proper shoes
5. Foam roller and other tennis balls for rolling out tight muscles
6. Appropriate undergarments for all costumes
7. Warm up dance wear to layer during warm up and down time.
If you are as blown away by Backhausdance as I am – this is a great time to support! They are in the middle of a fundraising campaign to celebrate their 11th Season. They are working to raise 11,000 in 11 days! (It ends Thursday August 22nd) And, they are half way there! Click here to donate!