After I posted 10 Ways to Give Your Best Performance at a Broadway Inspired Open Mic Night, one of my first theater teachers sent me the following “Audience Members Creed.” She is the BEST and taught me so much about what it means to love life and shine on stage. I asked if I could share and she said yes! Enjoy!!
1. Listen attentively
2. Laugh appropriately (in all the right places)
3. To not mouth the lyrics with the performer
4. To smile encouragingly if they happen to see me
5. To nod and murmur “what an incredible performance” to the person sitting next to me
6. To be politely silent during nervous breakdowns
7. To clap uproariously and perhaps whistle or say, “Bravo” to well deserving performances
8. To greet performers at the end with, “well done” or, “that was a wonderful selection”
9. To stay in my seat through the entire performance
10. To leave with a song on my lips and joy in my heart for a wonderful, unforgettable night.